Friday, January 11, 2013

Applying for Korean Visa

It's sinking in. The fact that I'll be flying to Seoul soon to commence my language studies in KLEC (Sogang Univ). Submitted my application for a C-3 visa at the Korean embassy this morning.

A C-3 visa is like a temporary visa to remain in Korea for up to 90 days. It's almost similar to a tourist visa, but the former can be converted into D-4 visa should I decide to extend my terms with KLEC and remain in Korea for more than 91 days. This is impossible with the tourist visa.

However, if you going to Korea for undergraduate or postgraduate program, a D-2 visa should be obtained instead. #justsharing

Hopefully, the consulate's gonna process my application. Hmm.

The thing is, I bought a one-way air ticket only since I'm unsure whether or not I'll remain in Korea after my first term (although I'd like stay there for at least a year so I can complete up till Level 6). The officer (not exactly friendly) told me I have to produce a return air ticket since it's stated on the Certificate of Enrollment that the course of studies is only for 3 months. Backtrack a little, I was told by the Univ that I can decide later whether or not I wish to extend my studies, so obviously, it's illogical for me to buy a return ticket right?

Anyway, she accepted my application and documents, but I was told they might call if the consular decides otherwise. Gee... let there not be any bottlenecks, please! 받아줘... 제발!

No comments:

Post a Comment