Thursday, March 7, 2013

Laptop + Wired Connection = Hotspot

Tomorrow will be a week since I arrived in Seoul.

Things are slowly, but surely getting better. Classes are still easy to cope with, and I have been asking some people out for lunch to get to know them better. As expected, I really am the 큰 누나 / 큰 언니 (eldest) of the class. 슬프거든요! :(

***

Anyway, just wanna share with you today (as workload is lighter weeeeheee), just how with your laptop and a wired connection, you can get Internet on your mobile/mobile devices. Of course, perhaps most of you are aware of this already, but for those who aren’t, this is one freaking amazing technology! Being the laggard and technology-uncurious person that I am, it was only a few days ago that I was educated about this incredible thing. You’ll thank me later :P

At where I live, there is no wi-fi. Wired connection however, is available in the room. Who would have guessed, with just that (and a laptop), I can ‘convert’ it into wi-fi and share Internet connection on my iphone. Seriously, I must give credit to the creator, and my brother (for telling me this).

There is only one thing (and one thing alone) you need to do, which is to download and install Connectify Hotspot, from www.connectify.com. Technical proficiency is not required. After that, you can create your own Hotspot and share the connectivity with other laptop or mobile devices. With the connection, you can email, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and even Viber your friends.

This is pretty important to me (especially now) as I can’t register myself a Korean line yet and internet is really important to me so I can keep people closest to me updated on how I’m doing.

Even in hotels, wi-fi is chargeable per usage block and it’s not cheap!

Therefore, if wi-fi is not readily available at where you work/stay/are or perhaps, your mobile service / data plan does NOT work overseas (like mine!), but you desperately needs wi-fi (who knows, some important business files are in your mobile and has to be sent out RIGHT NOW), this may be the best solution ever invented for you. All you need is your laptop and a wired connection (i.e. usually available in the hotel room).

You’re welcome. :D

2 comments:

  1. hahaha. Does that mean I'll see you online more often now? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, I'm always online, but er... which CY is this? :P

    ReplyDelete