Wednesday, October 16, 2013

International Parcel Delivery via ePOST Korea

A month before I left Korea, I sent a parcel of my winter clothing and books back to KL as my 30-inch luggage was too small to fit all my belonging. (I didn't even shop that much in Korea.)

You can buy a box from the post office prior, pack everything at home and bring it back to the post office to send. But I did the reverse, as suggested by their officer- bringing the unpacked items and have them pack only at the post office.

To send a international parcel, you have the option of sending it by air or surface (ship). I'm in no hurry to get my things back, so I sent them back by ship, which is about 50% cheaper than air.

You can track your parcel on ePOST's page here (select 'International Parcels') and on its partnering postal service provider. For delivery to Malaysia, you can also track it here (under 'Track and Trace').


The parcel is first sent to Busan from Seoul, before being shipped to its destination country.


The parcel arrived in perfect condition, and I'm glad none of my books and paperback notes got dog-eared!



It is stated on their website that shipping takes between 50 to 70 days (to Malaysia), but I got mine behind schedule, in exactly 87 days. I was worried that my parcel got lost in the mail, so I called our local service provider to check. They eased my worried mind, confirming that the parcel has yet to reach Malaysia (then).

My parcel, weighing 8.7kg cost ₩25,000 (±USD$24) to send, as compared to air mail (non-express) which will cost approximately double but you will get your parcel(s) in two to three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment